*APPLICATION NOW CLOSED DUE TO HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS.*
We are hiring a Retail Sales Assistant to work both in our busy shop environment and in our café as a barista.
Please read the following job description carefully before applying.
Part time: 3-4 days per week which will include weekend work (this is non-negotiable). There will be an opportunity for additional days as and when required.
DOGHOUSE has a reputation for doing things differently. We are a small, friendly team delivering exceptional customer service. Owners come to us because they know they will get sound, honest advice, and great customer service. Benefits include a happy workplace, competitive salary, on-going specialist training, great coffee, annual leave and pension.
Working at Doghouse can be demanding, physically and mentally, but the work is varied, the customers are lovely and the puppy kisses are an added bonus.
We are looking for candidates with an enthusiasm for dogs, design & independent stores, who are motivated to work independently and as part of our small team with a minimum of 3+ years experience working in retail or a busy coffee shop environment.
Pet shop experience, or having an in-depth knowledge of pet products, is preferred.
Traits: Dedicated & loyal, an eye for detail, friendly, hardworking, positive & proactive.
The role will involve:
- Working directly with customers within the store, providing friendly & outstanding customer service
- Managing the online booking diary for grooming appointments
- Keeping a detailed record of stock & customer orders
- Maintaining a high level of store presentation
- Developing product knowledge
- Accepting deliveries & checking stock received (this can be hard physical work)
If you are interested in joining our team then please send a letter of introduction outlining what skills you have and why you would like to work with us along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified Dog Groomer.
We are not actively looking for new grooming staff at the moment but we are always interested to hear from skilled and qualified groomers. If you think you would fit in well at Doghouse and can benefit our team, drop us a message - we'd love to meet you!
DOGHOUSE has a growing reputation for doing things differently and our dog grooming is no exception. We are a small, friendly team delivering exceptional customer service, owners come to us because they know that we take our time and groom in a gentle and compassionate way. Benefits include a happy work place, competitive salary, on-going specialist training, great coffee, annual leave and pension.
We're interested in hearing from groomers who...
- Have experience working in a busy grooming environment.
- Can confidently and compassionately manage dogs and their owners.
- Have an ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Are enthusiastic about dogs and committed to their welfare.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a City & Guilds Level 3 dog grooming qualification, this is non-negotiable.
- Be able to provide friendly and outstanding customer service.
- Keep detailed grooming records.
- Maintain a high level of presentation in the salon.
- Manage the salon booking diary efficiently.
- Team player
- Eye for detail
- Positive & proactive
- Dedicated & loyal
All of our grooming roles will include weekend work, we usually work alternate weekends on both a Saturday and Sunday.
If you are interested please email your CV and covering letter outlining the skills you have and why you would like to join the DOGHOUSE grooming team to email@example.com.
To get in touch regarding brand partnerships, in-store events, blogs/ sponsored posts, or to use our photographs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.